WE OFFER A WEALTH OF LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
In addition to the Sixth Form Leadership Team, there are multiple opportunities to develop leadership skills at The Green School Sixth Form. These include:
- Senior Prefects - selected from Year 12, these students support the Sixth Form Leadership Team with organising initiatives and whole school events, in addition to carrying out duties in the main school, planning and delivering assemblies and running events.
- Pastoral Mentors - these Sixth Form students apply to work with Year 7 and Year 8 tutor groups. They visit them during tutorial time once a week and carry out a range of roles including: leading tutor group discussions on key issues, giving advice about study skills and exam preparation, helping to plan form assembles, reading with individual students.
- Academic Mentors - these Sixth Form students work through subject departments to support learning across the school. Their roles are wide and varied, depending on need, but may include running drop-in sessions to help with home learning, running revision sessions, working 1-2-1 with students as an academic buddy.
- House Captains - the TGSG House Captains are drawn from Year 12; they work in collaboration with a vice-captain from Year 10 and with members of the Student Leadership Team to run inter-house competitions and events throughout the year.
- Members of the Student Leadership Team - these Sixth Form students work with staff and students to promote student voice across the school, to plan and deliver school events, to write the online student magazine and to evaluate and give feedback on the student experience.
Please see our Broadening Horizons programme which offers further opportunity for leadership development through courses such as Sports Leaders and Young Enterprise.